Saturday, February 24, 2007

My Star Wars Novel Is... Kind of Getting Annoying!

I'll just go straight out and say it, I love Star Wars novels. If you ever see me reading a book, it's probably a Star Wars novel. I don't why.. but the entire ideas and themes expressed in the Star Wars universe just speak to me. I love the entire concept of like "Good Jedi" and "Bad Jedi" and "Good Jedi that Become Bad Jedi" and "Bad Jedi That Become Good Jedi" and.... the list pretty much goes on and on and on and on and on. So to put it simply, I am a pretty big Star Wars fan. Not just of the movies though.. but of the entire concept behind Star Wars.

Very rarely do I read a Star Wars book that I don't enjoy. Unfortuantely, "Labyrinth of Evil" just had to go and ruin it for me. It's just kind of boring and hard to follow. For one thing, there isn't as much of the entire Star Wars feel to it. No really cool lightsaber battles, no geek philosophy about the force, and no new concepts to speak of. It's like the ultimate filler I have ever read! This is why Episode 3 open the way it does.. because no body cares about the political side of Star Wars! We either want to see people slinging lightsabers around, or we want to hear some geek philosophy. That's why we watch Star Wars movies, and that is why we read Star Wars novels. Without the lightsabers and the philosphy.. it's just boring! Especially when your book is set in the time of the prequel films, meaning that you have one of the whinest main characters in all of history (for those of you who don't know, it's Anakin Skywalker).

I'm almost finished with the book anyways, so I can soon move on to something else. It wasn't painful.. but I didn't really enjoy it all that much either. I should really read some reviews before I buy my books. So until next time, May The Geek Be With You!

1 comment:

DriedPapercutsAndChickens said...

did you see the star wars exhibit at the california science center in LA?