Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Last 24 Hours

Don't ask me how this came about.. but just today I started wondering what I would do if today was my last day to live. That begginning right now, the next twenty-four hours would be my last. What would I do with my time? What things would I attempt to accomplish before death parted me from my family and friends? It's really interesting when you think about it, you would probably accomplish things you would never before see yourself doing. So to myself I began to day-dream... what would I do with the time?

1) Say goodbye to my family and friends: This step would be the most difficult of all, and couldn't be put off until the last minute. In my opinion, there is nothing more important in this world then the love I receive from my family and friends, so in my final hours I would want to tell them exactly how I felt. How much they had ment to me, how much they helped me develop who I am today. I can just imagine saying goodbye to my grandmother and mom.. how heartwrenching it would be for them to know that they will never see me again.. or at least not in this life.
One man that I would absouletely have to send my best wishes to is my best friend Dylan, who has been more like a brother then a friend all these years. We've had our arguments and the times when he bothered me more then anything else... but he's always remained my best friend this entire time. And for that, I thank him.

2) Resolve any loose ends: If there was ever anyone that I hurt at one point or another, I would want to resolve everything between the individual and me. Maybe for some odd reason, I had emotinally damaged someone in ways that cannot be easily mended (I think everyone has at one point in their lives). So, I would wish to meet them and make everything right. Hopefully they will understand why I did the things I did, and they would find it somewhere in their hearts to forgive me. It would make me very happy knowing that there weren't any hard feelings before I ascended into the great unknown.

3) Have one last Disneyland trip: This would be assuming that I was well enough to even go to Disneyland.. but if I was, I would want to go on one last Disneyland trip with my friends. The mood probably wouldn't be the same, but at least I could leave with a sense that I tied up that portion of my teenage years. Some of my fondest memories took place at Disneyland.. I would want to relive all of that.


4) The last prayer: I have never been particularly religious, but I know there is something out there. Death might not be the end for me.. and I would want to meld with whatever created me. This would no doubt be where the entire whole life flashing before your eyes thing happens, but I know I'll leave with no regrets.

And yeah.. that would basically be it. ....... That was incredibly depressing. What kind of a mood am I in?!! Need to lighten the mood here. Uuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... may the geek be with you? Yeah, I think that closes it pretty well. Or at least I sure hope it does. *shuts up*

1 comment:

The Random One said...

Well that was certainly interesting, to say the least.